I found a stained glass pattern and used it for this intarsia project! I have also made an instructional series from this same project with a written tutorial.
We focused on the back room, getting the OSB boards up, the cedar ceiling up, insulation in the ceiling, pine tongue and groove boards on the walls, and getting a finish applied to the walls and ceiling! Husband also hooked up the electrical and put the lights up in both rooms. This back room does not look like a shop!
We are going to make the east end of the shop into a spare bedroom, sort of. We are going to put a murphy bed in there and leave it folded up so we can keep our big tools that are on wheels out of the working area of the shop. This makes the new shop working area really just 120 square feet, but that is just fine!!! Husband got all the wiring done and I got the insulation put up on the walls!!!
This is my first attempt at a glass tile (tessera) mosaic! I found a picture of a compass and blew it up real big to use as a pattern! I watched some videos and read some stuff about doing mosaics. I get a lot of info from I-C-Mosaics, I have the link in the description box of the You Tube video so you can check it out. At first I didn’t like the look of the rough edged tile after snipping it, and it almost made me quit the project. I’m hoping when the grout gets placed it makes it look okay. Still yet I may just look into getting a tile grinder. Anyway, the end result, before grouting even, looks great to me! I won’t be doing the grouting until I have a place for it to go permanently….so we need to do some more concrete work first. 🙂
A lot got done on the shop!!! Husband framed in the windows and door. He closed in the open parts on the ends below the roof arch. I helped with the wrap around the entire shop, then with cutting the wrap for the windows and door. Then we got the two windows in and the door! Now it is all closed in from the rain and wind! It is coming right along!!! Yahoooo!!!
We had a few weeks of chilly weather, then Husband got a cold, then I got it. So working on the shop was delayed for a few weeks, but then we both felt better and the weather was perfect! In this video we got the walls up and the roof on, shingles and all! It is so exciting to see it coming together!!!
I made this alien as part of the Make It Matter collaboration. An effort put together by Steve Twydell, to raise awareness for autism and children with disabilities. More information about his mission can be found in the description box of the YouTube video.
I was excited to try and do something to this concrete pad in front of my little shed. I had to start working on it before it cured too much so I took my tumbled rocks and tapped them into the concrete. I didn’t have much of a plan when I started; maybe make some flowers or something. When it was time to wash the haze off the rocks I got impatient and grabbed the hose which then removed all of the top concrete stuff and made it an exposed aggregate slab. I like exposed aggregate, but it makes it hard to see the mosaic! I was going to do something to fix it, but I kind of like it now! So I am leaving it be!
A quick update and a song or so! I talk about a project in the works, a messed up mosaic that I ended up liking a lot, a video I had done about what I do to get over the blues, working on some stuff for family, building a new little shop, driftwood, and the Bigfoot Festival coming in August!
We started building the new shop behind our house! It is going to be a 200 square foot shop with a few windows and doors. I am going to make videos of our progress and in this first video we get the cement slab done! Yeee Haw! So exciting!